The Spring Sale Starts! May-Jun 2011

The Spring Sale has started in a push to reduce our stuff further

So far I have;

• Recycled two old phones = £30
  • Returned 3 items of clothing = £40
  • Returned a pair of boots = £120 less £12.50 the cost of having my old ones re-heeled and re-soled = £107.50
  • Participated in a car-boot sale =£45
So £222.50 in the black
Now the Hubby isn’t convinced I should add in the returns. He is incredibly pragmatic, and believes that I could therefore go out and spend £1000 and take it all back to the shop – stating we would be £1k in credit.  I get his logic, but in my defense, the 3 items I purchased I could easily have kept and worn as my wardrobe now really is down to the bare basics.  The boots are a pair I have loved for almost a year, and have not purchased until last week doing the school run I realised my right foot was soaking wet from standing in a puddle. My 2-year old black knee-high boots (which may I add I purchased second-hand off eBay for £35) had a stinking huge hole in the sole! However upon receiving the new boots realised I did not love them enough and that actually my old faithfuls may be salvageable – and they were…
So I claim the returns also – we are £222.50 better off than we were! and we’ve reduced our stuff – Win Win!
eBay next on the list – give me strength to complete this task – purlease! It’s not my favourite pastime listing items for sale. But it needs doing…
  • Jenny @ exconsumer June 8, 2011, 9:30 pm

Way to go Jo! I need to get back on the eBay and Craig’s List horse too. It’s so time consuming. Ever since the weather has improved in OH, I’ve wanted to spend all my free time outside. 🙂

• simplybeingmum June 9, 2011, 7:50 am

Jenny – I will if you will!!!! We don’t have Craigslist (I don’t think over here). We have Gumtree which I haven’t checked out yet. Come on lets do it haha!

• Jenny @ exconsumer June 8, 2011, 9:30 pm

• simplybeingmum June 9, 2011, 7:50 am

• Jenny @ exconsumer June 8, 2011, 9:30 pm

• simplybeingmum June 9, 2011, 7:50 am

• Sharron June 11, 2011, 8:16 pm

Well done!!! I LOATHE ebay and find it hard to make any money these days 🙁 I am at a happy place with minmalism so do not anticipate having to endure listing stuff any time soon. Gumtree is okay but i have found people want it for nothing. I have a favourite pair of boots (bought also on ebay) for £15 last summer (duo boots) and i break out in a cold sweat at the thought of them being worn out!! I know i will never get them again for that price!! Loved the indian flat bread recipe from earlier in the week, on my menu plan for the coming week.

Sharron x

• simplybeingmum June 15, 2011, 10:01 am

Morning Sharron! Still haven’t started listing. You are right, the stuff goes for hardly anything anymore. I used to estimate getting 50% off purchase price back, but that’s no longer the case. As Dan has now turned three there are a few large baby items that need to go, but anything that will be under a tenner i won’t list anymore – not worth the hassle. Also purchased a second hand digital camera for Dan’s birthday off eBay and it’s no good. You do spend quite a bit of time returning unsuitable things. Will check out gumtree – haven’t even logged on yet!
      ps – the flat breads also make very nice wraps! Add a few herbs to liven them up and give ’em a twist!

• Sharron June 11, 2011, 8:16 pm