No Waste Tastes Great / A Video And A Selfie

It’s Friday Guys – time for No Waste Tastes Great

Click here to learn more about my Friday routine

Simply Being Mum’s Friday Fridge

A video this week. (If you listen closely, right at the end, you may hear ‘Mom’ being shouted from another room!)

As you can see a rather packed fridge. But everything has a destination in mind. There’s no grocery shop, today, as we have plenty to keep us going over the weekend with a few store cupboard supplies thrown in.

There is waste however. Boo.

waste

This is left over from what we had taken away, on holiday, the previous week. It just didn’t get used up.

On a more positive note, in the video you’ll hear me mention a recipe I rustled up last night.

IMG_4856

It’s this one.

It was very good! A keeper, super simple to make, nutritious and tasty. And the Kids’ loved it.

(It’s likely I will share my variation on this Jamie Oliver dish in the near future).

You’ll notice my fridge is still brimming with plastic. It’s not a good look. This is most definitely something I am going to be addressing. In fact it’s my pledge for #ZeroWasteWeek.

I’ve signed up – have you?

Beware – if of a delicate nature please divert your eyes – there’s a selfie coming up.

BeFunky_ZWW14.jpg

How about you? How is your fridge looking this Friday? Any waste to declare?

Thanks as always to Kristen, The Frugal Girl, (the founder of Food Waste Friday and the inspiration behind No Waste Tastes Great)…Don’t forget to head on over to her’s to link up your Food Waste Friday post!

FoodWasteFriday

• Kristen | The Frugal Girl August 1, 2014, 2:12 pm

Thanks for sharing about Zero Waste Week! I don’t think I can produce no trash for a week, but I could try extra hard for no food waste. 🙂

• simplybeingmum August 1, 2014, 2:15 pm

Agree – I’m hoping for a zero plastic waste week that week. If I can achieve that I’ll be happy.

• Kristen | The Frugal Girl August 1, 2014, 2:12 pm

• simplybeingmum August 1, 2014, 2:15 pm

• Sharron August 1, 2014, 2:32 pm

Hi Jo!! Zero food waste here this week! My Son’s girlfreinds nan made him a carrot cake for his birthday, the moistest cake ive ever tasted so definetly no waste with that! Love that your doing zero waste week, we too are trying to bin no plastic this week. We have been working on our rubbish for a while now, we went to half sized bins a couple of months ago and we were the talk of the street. My neighbour asked how we done it with 6 of us living in our house and fortnightly bin collections, i think he was sorry he asked 🙂
    Off to catch up on the rest of your posts, good luck with with zero waste, i have found fruit and veg the hardest as everything comes packaged in Aldi 🙁
    Sharron x

• simplybeingmum August 1, 2014, 2:36 pm

Sharron you do so well with your waste . It’s truly inspiring!
      Agree ref packaging on fruit/veg. It’s the worst as in many cases is actually unnecessary in terms of keeping the fruit fresh. This us the area I am going to focus in going forward. I’ll be looking at alternatives for fruit and veg. Lovely to see you here! x

• Sharron August 1, 2014, 2:32 pm

Sharron x

• simplybeingmum August 1, 2014, 2:36 pm

Sharron you do so well with your waste . It’s truly inspiring!

• lipsyy August 1, 2014, 2:33 pm

I’m definitely going to try that recipe, looks yummy. Probably also without the gratin though.

• simplybeingmum August 1, 2014, 2:35 pm

Yeah I just did Jackets. It’s so tasty with the leeks/spinach that the gratin isn’t really required. Interestingly the chicken didn’t dry out either. Probably because I pan fried rather than baked.

• lipsyy August 1, 2014, 2:33 pm

• simplybeingmum August 1, 2014, 2:35 pm

• Vee@VeesEasyVegan August 1, 2014, 9:28 pm

Zero Waste….Jo you might be interested in this https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zero-market-zero-waste-store-coming-to-denver?sa=0&sp=0.
    I love the selfie!
    Here is my week covered over here.http://www.veeseasyvegan.com/butter-bean-stew-a-fantastic-bartering-opportunity-virtual-vegan-potluck-no-waste-friday/:
    I had a fabulous week! I also talk about bartering which is another way to reduce waste 🙂
    Have a good one!

• simplybeingmum August 4, 2014, 11:25 am

Thanks Vee – yes very interesting. I’ll share on Facebook etc…
      Thanks! 🙂

• Vee@VeesEasyVegan August 1, 2014, 9:28 pm

I love the selfie!
    Have a good one!

• simplybeingmum August 4, 2014, 11:25 am

Thanks Vee – yes very interesting. I’ll share on Facebook etc…
      Thanks! 🙂

• myliladventures August 4, 2014, 6:11 pm

I noted how everything was packaged differently over where you are vs here. A lot of shoppers will snap grape bunches down to a size they want/can afford and we do get the option of choosing our own from bulk bins but I do know a lot goes to waste b/c things fall off the displays and people tossing apples to the back of the bins that they don’t want b/c its not ‘pretty’ which seems to be avoided with the excess packaging. Catch 22 no?

I’m a bit late in linking up but here goes!

• myliladventures August 4, 2014, 6:11 pm

I’m a bit late in linking up but here goes!