No Waste Tastes Great 29 July 2011

It’s Friday Guys and time for No Waste Tastes Great

Fridays I take a little time first thing to strip down the fridge and perishables cupboard, clean both of them, take note of anything that needs replenishing, return any items back to the fridge leaving what needs using up on the counter.

Click here to find out more about my Friday Routine

Seriously no waste or even any food in the house this week. We spent the week on the beautiful Cornish Coast.

The random items in the fridge you can see are

• a tub of olive oil spread
  • some cookie dough thawing out to make gingerbread biscuits tomorrow with the Kids
  • 1/2 Jar of Sun-Dried Tomatoes and 1/2 jar of Pesto both of which need using up by mid-week next week – so a Chicken Pilaf is planned for tomorrow.
I can honestly say that by doing No Waste Tastes Great each week, my food waste has diminished considerably. Tonight we have had some pasta and bread for dinner from store cupboard supplies, as nothing to use up.
I’ll leave you with a photo of the idyllic shoreline at St Ives in Cornwall taken on Monday just as the mist started rolling in over the hills…
How’s your Fridge looking this Friday? I’d be really keen to hear whether you are succeeding in the fight against food waste!
  • Rachel Jonat July 29, 2011, 7:55 pm

Just saw a BBC doc/tv thing about the artists of St. Ives. Cornwall looks beautiful!!

• simplybeingmum July 30, 2011, 8:29 am

Cornwall is stunning, in particular St Ives… Such a beautiful part of England!!

• Rachel Jonat July 29, 2011, 7:55 pm

• simplybeingmum July 30, 2011, 8:29 am

Cornwall is stunning, in particular St Ives… Such a beautiful part of England!!

• Rachel Jonat July 29, 2011, 7:55 pm

• simplybeingmum July 30, 2011, 8:29 am

Cornwall is stunning, in particular St Ives… Such a beautiful part of England!!

• Charlotte August 2, 2011, 4:28 am

I remember this place! I only spent a week in the UK once, we choose to spend only 2 days in London and took a 5 day southwest England tour (minibus and hostel style) and it was amazing.
    Your fridge looks good as well by the way:)

• simplybeingmum August 2, 2011, 11:43 am

How lovely that my snap bought back some memories. It is indeed an amazing place, so beautiful…
      Nothing like an empty fridge to put a smile on my face 🙂
      Thanks for commenting Charlotte!

• Charlotte August 2, 2011, 4:28 am

Your fridge looks good as well by the way:)

• simplybeingmum August 2, 2011, 11:43 am

Nothing like an empty fridge to put a smile on my face 🙂
      Thanks for commenting Charlotte!

• Charlotte August 2, 2011, 4:28 am

Your fridge looks good as well by the way:)

• simplybeingmum August 2, 2011, 11:43 am

Nothing like an empty fridge to put a smile on my face 🙂
      Thanks for commenting Charlotte!