Today is launch day over at Minimalist At Home and the 6 week Minimize Yo Butt challenge.
I posted yesterday how I will be participating with the ultimate aim of dropping a jean size from UK 12 to 10 in 6 weeks.
So how do we achieve that over here at Chez Wright?
Simply of course!
I call it my 6&6 – 6 simple meals a day for 6 days and 6 days of exercise. A free day each week (coincides with No Waste Tastes Great as Friday Night is Date Night at Chez Wright).
I’m no expert and none of this is scientific. It’s based on common sense and was initially inspired over 10 years ago when I discovered Body For Life, although now it has evolved to an almost unrecognisable version of the 12 week program. It’s how I do it, not necessarily how I think others should…
Monday to Friday this week I’ll be sharing how I follow this plan whilst feeding a family of four. When I am following this plan I want it to impact on my family as little as possible, and not be anything unusual or regimented. I don’t want the Kids growing up being aware of ‘diets or plans’. My aim is that they grow up eating as healthily as possible (with some treats of course), and it is a way of life, not something they do for a few weeks and then eat unhealthily. I simply ‘try a little harder’ and ‘watch what I eat’ a little more when I feel it’s time to shape up. It’s a gradual process…
Meal 1 (7am)
- Me – Scottish Rolled Oats and Honey with Hot Semi Skimmed Milk
- The family – Cereal and Orange Juice
- Me – Frozen Banana and Chocolate Flavoured Whey Protein blended with Skimmed Milk and Ice Cubes added
- The Kids – Milk and a Banana
- Me – Jacket Potato with Cottage Cheese and Salad
- The Kids – Packed Lunch for School and Jacket Potato with Cheese and Beans
- Me – Frozen Summer Fruits with Stawberry Flavoured Whey Protein blended with Skimmed Milk and Ice Cubes added
- The Kids – Apple or Raisins, Breadsticks and Juice
- Me – Cold Wholewheat Pasta with Tuna, Cucumber, seasoned with black pepper, mixed herbs and balsamic vinegar.
- The Kids (& Hubby) – Cold Wholewheat Pasta with Tuna, Cheese, Cucumber and Garlic Bread, seasoned to taste (nb tonight the kids requested Ham instead, normally we don’t do meat on Mondays but they saw the nice lean ham they like…)
- Me – Chocolate Whey Protein Blended with Skimmed Milk (No fruit as I reduce Carbs after 5pm ps I know there are carbs in milk)
- Hubby – Hot Chocolate
- The Kids – In bed! (They’ll have had their milk about 7pm)