It’s Friday Guys – It’s time for No Waste Tastes Great
Okay so it’s a little later than usual and I’ll explain why further in the post but for now let’s get down to business…
Simply Being Mum’s Friday Fridge
Top Shelf – Spreads, Cheese, Ginger and Garlic (I’ve hidden the buttercream so Lauren can’t see it :-))
Top Middle Shelf – Pate (for Christmas day), broccoli and green beans (to be eaten tomorrow for dinner) and a chocolate mousse (which will also get eaten tomorrow)
Bottom Middle Shelf – Spicy Butternut Squash Soup (I posted the recipe on my Facebook page on Tuesday (this was eaten at lunch after photo taken), 2 onions (will be chopped and frozen tomorrow), grapes and cucumber (which will be eaten at lunch tomorrow with cheese rolls).
Bottom Shelf – My 2kg Turkey Joint which I purchased from Aldi (I’m not having a whole turkey or even a crown this year in order to reduce the potential for waste). Eggs (in date and will last for the various dishes I have planned), and 2 sausages which will be used for toad in the hole – tomorrow night’s dinner)
Door – Milk and OJ (in date)
And that’s where we are. Tomorrow’s meals are catered for and then it’s Christmas day.
All sorted! How’s your Fridge looking this festive Friday?
- Second-Born turned the PC off whilst the Hubby was transferring a lot of data, and it all had to be done again – taking up the WHOLE of the morning (hence the reason this post is so late!)
- This afternoon I did an Aldi shop for my remaining bits and pieces
- The Kids and I went to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks at the Cinema.
- For dinner we popped into Pizza Hut (their happy hour was on! and Daddy got a doggie bag)..
- Today I got rather excited as we invested in a Canon SLR. This *should* mean the end of rubbish fridge photos! Fingers crossed!
- Finally I have just written my NWTG post! Better late than never…
What did you do today? Please share!