Firstly an apology. This should have been posted last night.
I’ve learnt two major lessons this week:
1. I could be spending less on ingredients
2. My time-management skills leave a lot to be desired
By attempting to post everyday it has made me realise that time runs away with me, particularly from 7pm onwards. Thursday is now my 10km run night, and by the time I had got back showered and had done the usual routine it was late… too late…
Anyhow I’m here now
SimplyBeingMum’s Slow Cooked Thai Green Pork Curry – Serves 3
This recipe is still a work in progress. I made it for the first time last week, and it was okay. I made it again yesterday (with less ingredients) and it was even better. However I think it needs bulking up slightly to make it serve 4. In reality what I made yesterday would serve 3 adults (medium portions).
I’m going to do the costing on what I used yesterday, and base it on 3 servings. I will be posting this recipe soon as it is pretty good but I need to have another shot at it to get it to serve 4, and for the taste and consistency to be right. Slow cooked dishes with rice take some patience to perfect. In fact last night I microwaved the rice and added last thing, and it was a better texture.
- 450g (1lb) of cubed lean pork = £4.49
- 1/2 Jar of Thai Green Curry Paste (150g – 3.5floz) = £0.50 (on special)
- A few grinds of black pepper = £Negligible
- 2 Crushed garlic cloves = £0.07
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary = £0.05
- 400ml of chopped tomatoes (14fl oz) = £0.54
- I Vegetable Stock Cube = £0.08
- 125g (4.4oz) of Easy Cook Rice = £0.17